Thursday, August 10, 2006

What a nice day...

Today was remarkable for 2 major reasons.

1. I picked up my car from the shop today. Guy Shepherd, at Shepherd Automotive, is such a great mechanic! He fixed a pesky problem that I've been dealing with for weeks and that the dealer couldn't figure out, no matter how much money I threw at them. =) What do the dealers know... Take your car to Shepherd Automotive! My friend Guy will take great care of you and your car. I really appreciate that he's careful with everything... my wheels, paint, etc. He's just one of those especially thoughtful people who takes care of your car like it's his own. Check out his website: www.ShepherdAutomotive.com.

2. The second reason is that I forgot my phone on silent all day. Nothing stresses me out like a constantly-ringing phone. I just can't stand it! I used to love the novelty of a cell phone... Being able to reach my friends and be reached by them all the time, no matter where I am. I've come to hate the confounded device. "Electronic leash" doesn't begin to describe how I feel about it. And with large families, it's only compounded. I'll get the same message delivered three times in a row by three different people. Argh! One of my pet peeves is having to repeat myself and cell phones are just perfect instruments to force you to repeat yourself over and over again...

Okay, I'll cut myself short and jump down off of my soap box. I was talking about how wonderful today was... See how cell phones can make a good thing negative so quickly?! =) So, at 4:30pm today, I checked my phone for the time and noticed that I'd missed like 8 calls and had several voice messages waiting for me. What a great feeling to realize that I had been uninterrupted all day by a buzzing on my belt. Everyone has a cell phone (or two!) now, so I'm sure you know what I 'm talking about, right?

No comments: