Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Air Conditioning

Okay, I have stumbled upon an idea. Air conditioners only cool your house down like 20 or 30 degrees lower than the outside temperature. Max. That's it, they just can't do much better than that. Well, I don't know if one has already been invented, but I've found a way to make my air conditioner cool much better than that. How, you ask?

Send me $20,000 and I'll tell you.

Or maybe I'll just tell you now. Okay, just spray the cooling fins down with water! You know how some restaurants in their outdoor seating areas have a fine mist hose spraying down the perimeter to cool down the area? If you had a mist-er of sorts keeping the cooling fins wet, the cooling unit increases in efficiency significantly. Seriously, on some really hot day when the a/c doesn't seems to be keeping up, have someone stand under a vent and feel the air get really cold when you go out and spray down the chiller unit outside with the hose.

Well, that's about all for my scientific experiment today. Leave a comment!

No comments: