Saturday, February 24, 2007

AutoZone Customer Service

I keep forgetting to blog about this, but I finally remembered today! =) AutoZone has a great customer service offering where they will help you read your check engine light code with a ODBII code-reading tool. AutoZone sells car parts and so this little extra service of theirs helps customers figure out what's actually wrong with the car rather than just guessing and repairing several things before figuring it out.


Over the last few years, I've taken my cars to AutoZone multiple times just to see why the check engine light is on, saving me a $75 diagnostic fee every time. Then, after reading the code, you can reset it using the tool and see if what you did to repair it actually worked.

It's one of those little-known facts, so I thought I'd pass it along. If you ever have a check engine light, you can save a bundle by going to AutoZone rather than a dealer.

No comments: