Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snowed In! (so to speak)

Yep, it's official. We've been snowed in. There's at least 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground and nobody's going anywhere!

This is the first time in 5 years that I've been out in the snow and haven't had my little rear-wheel drive roadster. The Toyota Avalon did really well in the now. No squirrely fun or sliding at all! It even has antilock brakes, so I don't slide through intersections any more. Woo hoo!

What a really wonderful day it's been! We went to bed early since Addie and I weren't feeling great. So we got up early to enjoy the snowfall from a nice cozy living room with fireplace roaring. Good thing I got that cord of wood delivered early this year! I could probably sell firewood to all my neighbors. =) I had to run a couple of errands like any real man would on a day like today, so I ran to Blockbuster, the post office, the grocery store, Happily Everlasting studio to see my good friend Rodrick, and finally the local bookstore to find a "Men's Journal" magazine. I did find the magazine after reading an entire "American Handgunners" mag first. What a great way to spend a couple of hours! I sat in the cafe part of the bookstore and flipped through page after adventurous page of great photos, fun facts and manly stories. Our pastor, Jason Gilbow, is an avid Men's Journal reader and I'm always impressed with his manly interest in adventures, etc. I used to be more like that. What happened to me? I guess I haven't fully recovered from getting married and sitting on the couch watching movies and snuggling for our first year of marriage. =) Not that I'd change that, it's just interesting to see how people change with significant circumstances of life. It's probably good that we change with our major life events, but it will be fun to at least keep in touch with the adventurous side of life, even if it's just reading about it every month.

After reading, I braved the wind and driving snow once again to find my car and head home just in time for Hol and Addie to wake up from their naps. What a great way to spend an afternoon! Wish I could do this every day. Or even once a week would be cool... Maybe I'll just schedule it and do that. =) I feel recharged.

Time to put another log on the fire and download some pics of the house and snow.


You can actually see the snow flying in this picture. Pretty cool for Oklahoma! It's going pretty much sideways due to the Oklahoma wind. =) Click on the pics to see larger versions where you can actually see details.

No comments: