Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rain

We're enjoying a really nice steady rain today! Started around 3AM and it's still going.


As a kid, I really didn't like rain. It cramped my outdoors style and seemed like we always got more than we needed. I rarely saw neighbors watering their lawns.

Holly absolutely loves rain. Living in Oklahoma, you learn to really appreciate it when it rains. I think we had 3 months of basically no rain (just a trace) this summer with temps in the 100's for most of that time. Unless you water every day that's over 100 degrees, your grass turns yellow or brown and starts to shrivel up just to save the roots.

It's such a nice feeling to be sipping a hot cuppa in my leather chair, typing on a Mac notebook and being warm and dry. Ah the simple contentments of life!

No comments: