Saturday, September 16, 2006

Popular Oklahoma Joke

Holly and I got a good laugh this morning when we read this. If you're a Longhorn fan, you need read no further. Let the trash-talk begin!


A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Texas Longhorn fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Texas fans too. Not really knowing what a Texas fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands fly into the air. There is, however, one exception.

A little girl named Janet has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not Texas fan" she reports.

"Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?"

"I'm a proud Oklahoma University Boomer Sooner fan," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Janet why she is an Oklahoma fan.

"Well, my Dad and Mom are Sooner fans, so I'm a Sooner fan too," she responds.

The teacher is angry now. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot? What would you be then?"

Janet smiles and says, "Then I'd be a Texas fan."

Boomer Sooner!

No comments: